broad bean bruschetta
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1.2kg broad beans, shelled, blanched and peeled+
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the gremolata, place the parsley, lemon rind, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan over high heat. Brush the sourdough slices with oil. Grill the sourdough until lightly charred. Rub one side of each slice of bread with the cut clove of garlic. Spread each slice with feta, top with the beans and spoon over the gremolata. Serve the bruschetta with lemon wedges. Serves 4
Tip: Broad beans are in season in spring. When they’re unavailable fresh, you can buy them frozen at most supermarkets. Thaw the beans and use them as directed in the recipe.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.