Cheat’s vanilla star christmas pudding
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 4 litres store-bought vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 300g store-bought Christmas pudding, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- To make the pudding ice-cream, working in 2 batches, place the ice-cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed until softened. Add the Christmas pudding and brandy and mix to combine. Press the ice-cream mixture into a 25cm x 35cm slice tin lined
with non-stick baking paper and freeze for 2 hours.
- While the ice-cream is freezing, place the butter
and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 2–3 minutes or until well combined. Add the flour and beat until a smooth dough forms. Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 4mm thick and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Use a 6cm star cookie cutter to cut out 24 stars, re-rolling the dough if necessary. Place the stars on 2 lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 12–15 minutes or until dry to the touch. Set aside to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using the same cutter, cut out stars from the ice-cream and sandwich with the biscuits. Freeze until ready to serve. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.