chicken and zucchini noodle salad
with creamy avocado pesto
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 bay leaves
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 4 zucchini (courgette) (600g), spiralised or thinly sliced using a mandoline or julienne peeler
- 250g sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
avocado and basil pesto
- 1 small avocado
- 1 cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the stock, onion and bay leaves in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, add the chicken and cook for 15–18 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the chicken, set aside to cool slightly and shred.
- To make the avocado and basil pesto, place the avocado, basil, water, lemon juice, parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium jug and, using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth.
- Place the zucchini, chicken, sugar snap peas and pesto in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide between bowls and top with the extra parmesan, extra basil, salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.