chorizo and prawn skewers
with piri piri sauce
- 16 extra large green (raw) prawns, peeled with tails intact
- 16 slices chorizo
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- lemon halves, grilled, to serve
piri piri sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the piri piri sauce, place the garlic, chilli, lemon juice, oil, cayenne pepper, paprika, sugar, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until a coarse paste forms.
- Halve the sauce and set one portion aside. Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Wrap each prawn around a slice of chorizo and thread 2 prawns onto each skewer.
- Brush with one portion piri piri sauce and oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the skewers for 3 minutes each side or until the prawns are cooked through. Serve with reserved piri piri sauce and grilled lemon. Makes 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.