creamy chicken and corn chowder
- 40g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 x quantity classic chicken soup base (see basic recipe link underneath method)
- 2 medium sebago (starchy) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cobs corn, kernels removed
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- finely chopped chives, to serve
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring to combine. Add the potato and bring to the boil. Add the corn kernels and cook for 5 minutes or until the potato and corn are cooked through. Add the shredded chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add the cream and stir to combine.
- Divide between serving bowls and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chives to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.