crushed broad bean, feta and mint dip
- 600g fresh or frozen broad (fava) beans
- 1 ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- 200g marinated feta, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar+
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Turkish bread, char-grilled, to serve
- Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 3–5 minutes or until tender. Peel and roughly chop. Place in a bowl with the mint, feta, garlic, parmesan, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper, lightly crush with a spoon and mix well to combine. Serve with char-grilled Turkish bread. Makes 2 cups.
+ White balsamic vinegar is made from the same grape variety as regular balsamic, but is paler, thinner and less sweet. It is often used to avoid the discolouration the dark variety causes.
There are no comments for this entry yet.