crushed cherry tomato and ricotta bruschetta
- 200g yellow teardrop tomatoes
- 1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (45g) basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- olive oil, extra, for brushing
- 1 cup (200g) ricotta
- Place the teardrop and cherry tomatoes in a non-metallic bowl and crush with the back of a spoon or fork. Add the oil, vinegar, lemon rind, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Brush the bread with oil and char-grill or barbecue for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden and toasted. Spread with the ricotta and top with the crushed tomato mixture to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.