cacao coconut roughs
- 2 cups (150g) shredded coconut, plus extra to coat
- ⅓ cup (80ml) rice malt syrup
- ⅓ cup (80g) coconut oil
- ½ cup (125ml) rice malt syrup
- ½ cup (50g) raw cacao powder
- Place the coconut and rice malt syrup in a food processor and process for 30 seconds – 1 minute or until the mixture is roughly chopped and comes together. Shape teaspoons of the mixture into small patties and place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- To make the chocolate topping, place the oil, rice malt syrup and cacao in a saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth.
- Using two forks, dip each patty into the chocolate topping to coat, tapping to remove any excess. Place on a chilled tray lined with non-stick baking paper and sprinkle with the extra coconut. Return to the freezer for 10–15 minutes or until set.
- Store coconut roughs in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 4 weeks. Makes 30
*Keep these bites on hand in your freezer for an instant indulgent treat.
There are no comments for this entry yet.