chocolate, banana and coconut muffins
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (25g) Dutch cocoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500g) mashed banana
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, coconut, sugar and cocoa in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the egg, vanilla, coconut milk, oil, banana and chocolate, and, using a butter knife, mix until just combined. Spoon into 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) well-greased muffin tins.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool for 2 minutes in the tins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar to serve. Makes 12.
These muffins are amazing. Great way to use up a lot of over ripe bananas. Have made several times now, always moist and always a hit. Have made with cows milk instead of coconut milk when had none on hand and still worked well.