Christmas peach blush
- 1.5 litres water
- 6 peaches
- ½ cup (125ml) lemon juice
- ½ cup (125ml) light agave syrup
- 300ml thick cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Vanilla Persian fairy floss (pashmak), to serve
- 250g punnet raspberries
- Micro mint or chopped pistachios, to serve
- To blanch the peaches, place the water in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Carefully add the peaches and blanch for 5 seconds. Immediately transfer to a bowl of iced water.
- Combine the lemon juice and agave syrup in a small bowl. Slip the skins from the peaches, place in a shallow bowl and immediately pour over the lemon mixture. Gently toss to coat (this helps to keep the pink blush of the peaches).
- Whip the cream and the vanilla to soft peaks.
- To serve, place peaches and a little syrup on dessert plates, add a dollop of the vanilla cream and top with the fairy floss. Add raspberries to each and top with the mint or pistachios. Serve immediately. Serves 6
+ This year is the year for new festive traditions. I’ve created this unique, summery Australian Christmas dessert that combines fresh peaches and raspberries – super simple and just so delicious.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.