crushed raspberry tart
- 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 250g raspberries
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pastry on the tray and, using a small sharp knife, score a 2cm border around the edge. Brush the border with egg and sprinkle with the sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Set aside to cool a little.
- Place the raspberries and extra sugar in a medium bowl and gently crush with a fork. Place the cream and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the cream onto the pastry and top with the crushed raspberries to serve. Serves 6
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.