eton mess with char-grilled apricots
- 2 cups (320g) frozen raspberries
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 apricots, halved
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream, whipped
- 100g store-bought meringues, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the raspberries on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and sprinkle with the caster sugar. Roast for 15–17 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened and syrupy. Allow to cool completely.
- Dip the apricot halves into the brown sugar. Preheat a lightly oiled char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Cook the apricot halves, cut-side down, for 1–2 minutes or until caramelised. Set aside.
- Place the cream in a bowl and fold through the meringue pieces.
- Layer the raspberry syrup and cream mixture in serving jars and serve with the apricot halves. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.