pistachio nougat semifreddo
with marinated raspberries
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream
- 300g pistachio nougat, thinly sliced
- 240g raspberries
- 1 cup (250ml) pink Moscato+
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- Place the eggs, extra yolks, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 8–10 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined. Pour half the mixture into a 2 litre-capacity loaf tin and top with half the nougat. Repeat with remaining ingredients and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Place the raspberries, Moscato and extra sugar in a bowl and toss to combine. Slice the semifreddo and serve with the marinated raspberries. Serves 4–6.
+ Pink Moscato is an aromatic wine with a delicious sweet berry flavour and a delicate bubble. Substitute with sparkling wine or Champagne.
There are no comments for this entry yet.