with salted caramel
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (230g) golden syrup
- 2½ cups (375g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 10−12 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the syrup, flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger and beat until a smooth dough forms.
- Flatten into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Place on 2 large lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Use your thumb to press a deep indent in the centre of each cookie and bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- To gift, place biscuits in boxes lined with non-stick baking paper with a jar of store-bought salted caramel. Makes 30.
There are no comments for this entry yet.