halloween gingerbread skeletons
- 125g butter, softened and chopped
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (230g) golden syrup
- 2½ cups (375g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1½ cups (240g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 1½ tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven 180°C (350°F). Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat for 10–12 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the golden syrup, flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda and beat until mixture just comes together to form a smooth dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until 5mm thick. Use gingerbread cutters to cut shapes from the dough. Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Cool on trays.
- Place the icing sugar and boiling water in a bowl and mix to combine. Spoon icing into a piping bag with a 3mm nozzle and pipe skeletons onto the gingerbread. Makes 16.
There are no comments for this entry yet.