lemon delicious pudding
- 40g butter, melted
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- pouring (single) cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until light and creamy. Add the lemon rind and egg yolks and beat until smooth. Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture and beat to combine. Add the lemon juice and milk and beat until smooth.
- Place the eggwhites in a bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Use a metal spoon to gently fold the eggwhites into the pudding mixture. Pour into a lightly greased 1 litre-capacity ceramic ovenproof dish and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden. Serve with cream. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.