lemon delicious pudding
- 40g butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- pouring (single) cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale. Add the lemon rind and egg yolks and beat until smooth. Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture and beat to combine. Add the lemon juice and milk and beat until smooth.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold into the lemon mixture. Pour into a lightly greased 4 cup capacity ceramic ovenproof dish and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden. Serve with cream. Makes 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.