maple and ginger cheesecake tarts
- 250g store-bought gingernut biscuits
- ¼ cup (30g) almond meal
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 175g fresh ricotta
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (90g) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 150ºC. Place the biscuits and almond meal in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Add the butter and process to combine.
- Press the mixture into the base and sides of 8 x lightly greased 8cm tart tins. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the cheeses in an electric mixer and beat for 5–6 minutes or until smooth. Add the sugar and beat for 3–4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and syrup and beat until well combined. Divide the mixture between the tart bases.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 15–20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Dust with cinnamon to serve. Makes 8.
Delicious. Although I made one large non-baked cheesecake (left out the eggs and added gelatin).
Would love to make a GF version of the base - can anyone tell me if ground ginger would work with GF biscuits and if so how much to use??