mixed olive and thyme biscotti
- 3 cups (450g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ cups (205g) pitted mixed olives+, sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated pecorino
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the flour, baking powder, olive, salt, thyme and pecorino in a large bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre, add the eggs and milk and mix well to combine.
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm square tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 30 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the tin and set aside to cool slightly. Using a serrated knife, cut the dough into 2mm-thick pieces and place on 3 baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Place on wire racks to cool. Serve. Makes 40.
+ We used kalamata and Sicilian green olives.
There are no comments for this entry yet.