molten choc-chunk brownies
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¾ cup (75g) cocoa
- ¾ cup (130g) brown sugar
- 1⅓ cups (290g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 175g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- Place the flour, cocoa, both the sugars, the butter, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Lightly grease a 20cm square tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Spread the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour or until the brownie is set+.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before slicing into squares and serving warm, or allow to cool completely in the tin. Makes 16
+ The brownie is ready when the top feels set to the touch.
If you’re not serving the brownie warm, let it cool in the tin, then turn out and slice into squares. It’ll continue to set in the tin, but stay soft and fudgy in the centre.
The two types of sugar in these brownies work their magic in different ways. Caster sugar lends sweetness and helps create a smooth and crispy top. Brown sugar adds to the rich, moist centre.
Brownies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Loved this recipe dead easy and big hit ...perfect
Naomi Van veen
This tasted nice, but felt that it was a bit cakey.. did anyone else find that? Any suggestions would be welcome
Simple enough for my 11 year old to make by herself! Delicious. We baked for only 40 minutes and left to cool in the tin and they were gorgeously fudgy. Just perfect!!
Best Brownies ever
I decreased the brown sugar to 100 gr and the caster sugar to 200 gr and baked the brownie for 40 minutes and it was perfect.
It was super rich - next time I might try white chocolate chips instead of dark ones, but the brownie was a big hit with everyone at my NY’s eve party!
Has anyone tried without the chocolate bits?
Ansa Van der Merwe
Amazing!! Will never use another recipe! The BEST brownie ever!!
BEST. BROWNIE. EVER!!