one-bowl banana cake
- 4 medium ripe bananas (1½ cups mashed)
- ½ cup (125ml) light flavoured
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (265g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the bananas in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the flour and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Pour into a 22cm round cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire wrack to cool completely. Serves 8–10.
This is a simple recipe with an excellent result. I changed the brown sugar to dark brown sugar and added some chopped walnuts and the result was outstanding. Thanks for this recipe! It’s now become a favourite!
Easiest cake to make, even after a couple of days it’s not dry and everyone loves it! Baking made easy!
Absolutely beautiful and easy to make. Thank you!
Beautiful cake so easy! I love the 1 bowl cooking - it was my husband’s birthday cake
Delicious cake, very moist and easy to make.
This is a new family favourite!!!
Moist and tastes great.
So quick and easy with very few ingredients. Love it