raspberry cream cheese muffins
- 2½ cups (350g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (160g) CSR Rapadura Sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (160ml) light-flavoured extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups (240g) frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons CSR Demerara Sugar, for sprinkling
cream cheese filling
- 125g cream cheese, softened and chopped
- 1½ tablespoons CSR Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 12 x ½ cup (125ml) capacity muffin tin with paper cases. To make the cream cheese filling, place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the flours, baking powder and rapadura sugar in a bowl and mix to combine. Place the eggs, milk, vanilla and oil in a separate bowl and mix until combined. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold through the raspberries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin so each hole is about one-third full. Add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture to each hole and top with remaining muffin mixture.
- Sprinkle each with demerara sugar and bake for 25–30 minutes or until firm to touch. Serve. Makes 12
Tips + Tricks:
These muffins get their lovely golden colour and delicate caramel flavour from unrefined rapadura sugar, while the use of Demerara sugar creates a subtly butterscotch infused crunchy top that works perfectly with the moreish cream cheese filling.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.