raspberry yoghurt scrolls
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 1½ cups (225g) wholemeal (whole-wheat) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ⅓ cup (75g) raw caster (superfine) sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (420g) Farmer’s Union Greek Style Natural yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- pure maple syrup, for brushing
- 2 cups (250g) frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raw caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- Preheat oven 180°C (350°F).
- Place the flours, sugar and baking powder into a bowl and mix to combine. Place the vanilla, yoghurt and oil into a bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour the yoghurt mixture in and mix with a butter knife until you have a rough dough.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to form a 20cm x 35cm (8 inch x 13¾ inch) rectangle.
- Remove the top layer of baking paper. Sprinkle the dough with frozen raspberries and the extra sugar. Working from the long edge, roll the dough over tightly to enclose the berries and then slice into 9 equal pieces.
- Place scrolls into a 23cm (9 inch) ovenproof frying pan or 23cm (9 inch) cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until golden. Brush with maple syrup while hot and serve. Serves 9
Photography: Chris Court
This recipe is from Donna’s book One Pan Perfect - click here to purchase
There are no comments for this entry yet.