rich chocolate cakes
with mocha glaze
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 1½ cups (265g) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ⅓ cup (35g) Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 200g dark chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 80ml fresh espresso
- 400g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Dutch cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until light and creamy. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Sift the flour and cocoa over the mixture, add the chocolate and beat until just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the mixture between 10 x lightly greased 2/3 cup-capacity ramekins and place on a baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Place the cream into a small saucepan over medium heat and bring almost to the boil. Place the chocolate in a bowl, pour the cream and hot coffee over the chocolate, set aside for 2 minutes and then stir until smooth.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to cool and thicken.
- Place the cakes on a wire rack and pour over the glaze. Set aside for 10 minutes to set, then dust with cocoa powder. Makes 10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.