rum and raisin truffles
- ½ cup (75g) raisins, chopped
- ⅓ cup (80ml) dark rum
- ¾ cup (180ml) single (pouring) cream
- 600g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup (100g) Dutch cocoa
- Place the raisins and rum in a small bowl and set aside. Place the cream in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and top with the hot cream.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a metal spoon, stir until melted and smooth. Add the raisin mixture and stir to combine. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 2–3 hours or until just firm.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the truffle mixture into balls and place on a large baking tray. Dust with cocoa to serve. Makes 50.
There are no comments for this entry yet.