salted coconut rough
- ½ cup (100g) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (50g) cacao powder, sifted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 fresh coconut, flesh chopped+
- ½ cup (7.5g) puffed brown rice
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 cup (50g) flaked coconut
- Place the coconut oil, cacao powder, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan over low heat and stir to combine.
- Place the fresh coconut, puffed brown rice, cacao nibs, salt and ½ cup (25g) of the flaked coconut in large bowl. Pour over the honey mixture and mix to combine.
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper and pour the mixture over. Top with the remaining flaked coconut. Freeze for 1 hour or until set. Break into shards to serve. Serves 8–10.
+ Fresh coconuts are available from greengrocers. To crack them open, pierce the eyes with a screwdriver and drain the liquid. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place on a baking tray and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully crack open with a hammer. The flesh can be chopped or shaved.
Note: You can keep this refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one week.
There are no comments for this entry yet.