raw cherry coconut slice
- 1½ cups (240g) blanched almonds
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 250g strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups (300g) cherries, pitted
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks+
- ¼ cup (40g) finely grated fresh coconut, for sprinkling
- Place the almonds and shredded coconut in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the honey and coconut oil and process for 3 minutes or until finely chopped and the mixture starts to come together. Press into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- To make the cherry topping, place the strawberry, cherries, honey and psyllium husks in a food processor and process for 1 minute or until the mixture is smooth. Spread over the coconut base and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Cut into bars and sprinkle with the fresh coconut. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Makes 20.
+ Available in supermarkets, psyllium husks are rich in fibre and often used in gluten-free recipes.
There are no comments for this entry yet.