sticky ginger puddings
- 1¼ cups (185g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (55g) glacé ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger syrup
- ½ cup (90g) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, caster sugar, ginger, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and glacé ginger in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Divide the mixture between 3 x 2-cup-capacity (500ml) ovenproof pudding bowls+ and place on a large oven tray.
- Place the ginger syrup, brown sugar and water in a small bowl and mix to combine. Gently spoon the syrup over the puddings and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Spoon the pudding into serving bowls and serve warm with vanilla ice-cream, if you like. Serves 6
+ If you prefer, you can make 1 large pudding. Use a 1.5-litre-capacity ovenproof pudding bowl and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.