halloween wicked cookie sandwiches
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cups (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2¼ cups (335g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ⅔ cup (220g) raspberry jam
- icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and egg yolk and beat well to combine. Add the flour and beat until a smooth dough forms. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each half between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 5mm thick. Use an 8½cm cookie cutter to cut 16 rounds from the dough. Place the cookies on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut out faces on half the cookies. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until light golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Spread the whole cookies with raspberry jam and sandwich with the faces. Dust with icing sugar to serve. Makes 8
There are no comments for this entry yet.