banoffee and dulce de leche swirl trifle
- 1 packet donna hay banana bread mix
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- ⅔ cup (160ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup (225g) store-bought dulce de leche
- 600ml pure cream
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan-forced). Line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Following the packet instructions, place the mashed bananas, oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the banana bread mix and mix with a spoon to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 55 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 16 pieces.
- To make the whipped cream, place the cream and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form.
- To assemble the trifle, place 8 slices of banana bread in the base of a 4-litre-capacity glass dish. Dollop with half the whipped cream and top with half the dulce de leche and slices of banana. Repeat the process, finishing with the dulce de leche. Serves 6–8
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.