basic zucchini slice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 450g zucchini (courgette), grated
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 200g ricotta
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until light golden. Place in a bowl with the zucchini, feta, ricotta, parmesan, chives, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Place the eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well to combine. Add to the zucchini and mix to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and smooth with a palette knife. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cut into slices to serve. Serves 8–10.
To freeze: Cut the zucchini slice into 8–10 portions and place in air-tight containers separated with non-stick baking paper. Freeze for up to three months.
To defrost: Place the zucchini slice portions in the fridge overnight and allow to defrost completely before reheating in the oven or serving at room temperature.
I made this last night for my family and we all loved it. Very yummy recipe.
My go-to zucchini slice, everyone loves it and an easy school lunchbox fave!
Simple to make and beautiful to eat.