chicken skewers with
fennel and rocket salad
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dill sprigs, roughly chopped
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 440g bulbs baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 100g rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves,
- extra lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the lemon zest and juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Divide the mixture in half. Add the garlic to one half and the chopped parsley and dill to the other half.
- Thread the chicken onto metal skewers, brush with the garlic and lemon mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or barbecue over medium heat. Cook the skewers, in batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked through, brushing occasionally with the garlic and lemon mixture.
- Place the fennel, rocket, mint, basil and extra parsley in a bowl and mix to combine. Divide the salad between 4 serving plates and top with the skewers. Spoon over the herb and lemon mixture and serve with the lemon wedges. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.