asian poached chicken
- 4 green onions, cut into 4 pieces
- 80g ginger, peel and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and bruised
- 2 large red chillies, halved
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- ½ cup (125ml) Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1.25 litres good quality chicken stock
- 4 x 160g chicken breast, trimmed
- cooked ramen noodles, blanched choy sum, coriander, fried shallots and thinly sliced green chilli, to serve
- Preheat the Combi Oven on the Steam setting to 100°C.
- Place the green onions, ginger, garlic, chillies, star anise, cinnamon, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sugar and stock into a large deep-sided metal baking dish and cover with foil.
- Place in the oven and allow to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the Steam temperature to 85°C. Remove from the oven and discard the foil. Add the chicken and return to the oven. Steam for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Remove from the oven and remove chicken from the stock. Set aside.
- Strain the stock into a large jug and discard the green onions, ginger, garlic, chillies, star anise and cinnamon. Slice the chicken.
- To serve, divide the noodles between bowls and top with choy sum, sliced poached chicken, reserved stock, coriander, fried shallots and coriander. Serves 4
In partnership with Miele
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.