with lentils and cavolo nero
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated pecorino
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (60g) chopped cavolo nero (Tuscan kale)
- Place the veal, harissa, salt, parsley, pecorino, rosemary and egg in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow heavy-based saucepan. Cook the meatballs for 3–4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the tomato and sugar and cook, covered, for 9–10 minutes or until the meatballs are just cooked. Add the lentils and cavolo nero, sprinkle with salt and cook for 1–2 minutes or until warmed through. Divide between bowls to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.