butter chicken burger
- 600g chicken mince
- 1 cup (70g) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup (95g) butter chicken paste
- ½ cup (26g) finely chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- warmed naan bread or burger bun, cucumber ribbons+, extra mint leaves, store-bought mango chutney and potato fries, to serve
- 1 cup (250g) Farmers Union Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- To make the patties, place the mince, breadcrumbs, butter chicken paste, coriander and onion in a bowl and mix to combine. Divide the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 4–5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan.
- While the patties are cooking, make the minted yoghurt. Combine the yoghurt, mint and lemon juice.
- To assemble, top the naan bread with the minted yoghurt, cucumber ribbons, extra mint leaves, the patties and mango chutney. Serve with potato fries. Serves 4
+ Create cucumber ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
Feel free to serve these patties in regular burger buns, if you like.
Photography: Con Poulos
Made these this week, huge success although changed it up using Massmann Paste, will try Butter chicken next