char-grilled lime and sriracha chicken skewers
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) sriracha hot chilli sauce+, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 x 100g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ cup (150g) whole egg mayonnaise
- coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the lime rind and juice, sriracha, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Reserve 1¼ tablespoons of the marinade and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate. Preheat a char-grill pan over medium heat. Thread the chicken onto 8 metal skewers, brush the chicken with the extra oil and cook, in batches, for 4–5 minutes each side or until charred and cooked through.
- Put the reserved marinade and mayonnaise in a small bowl and stir to combine. Serve the skewers with the sriracha mayonnaise, coriander leaves, lime wedges and extra sriracha. Serves 4
+ Sriracha hot chilli sauce is a spicy and tangy sauce, originally from Thailand. It’s commonly used in Thai and Vietnamese dishes, and is available from the Asian aisle in most supermarkets and from Asian supermarkets.
These were insanely good!! So easy and just so delicious, could have eaten 100 of them, especially with that Mayo, yum!