charred corn and black bean tacos
- 4 corn cobs, husks pulled back
- 4 long green chillies, halved lengthways and deseeded
- 1 x 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 x 15cm (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- butter lettuce leaves, to serve
caramelised lime avocado salsa
- 2 avocados, deseeded and chopped
- ¼ white onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeños (optional)
- Sea salt flakes
- 2 limes, cut in half
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the corn and cook for 6 minutes, turning frequently. Add the chillies and cook, turning frequently, for a further 6 minutes or until charred. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Slice the corn off the cobs and place in a bowl. Add the black beans, cucumber, onion, lime juice, lime rind, oil, salt and pepper and gently toss to combine.
- To make the caramelised lime avocado salsa, mash the avocados, onion, coriander leaves, jalapeños (optional) and salt together until smooth. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add 2 halved limes, cut-sides down, and cook for 3–5 minutes or until charred. Squeeze the juice from 2 charred lime halves into the avocado mixture and combine. Serve with the remaining charred lime.
- To assemble, spread some of the caramelised lime avocado salsa onto each tortilla. Top with some lettuce, the charred corn and black bean mixture and the charred chillies. Serves 4
To slice the corn, hold the cobs upright against a board and use a sharp knife to quickly slice downwards.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.