chicken and prosciutto pasta bake
- ¼ cup (25g) chopped dried porcini mushrooms
- ½ cup (125ml) boiling water
- 6 chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 slices (120g) prosciutto, chopped
- 12 sprigs thyme
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- 500g dried rigatoni
- 1½ cups (150g) grated mozzarella
- Place the porcini and boiling water in a heatproof bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat a large, heavy-based ovenproof saucepan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 8–10 minutes, turning. Remove and set aside. Add the onion, garlic, prosciutto and half the thyme. Cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes or until softened.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the stock, cream, porcini and porcini water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Place the rigatoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water and cook for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well. Add to the saucepan and mix to combine.
- Top with mozzarella and remaining thyme and cook for 15–18 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Serves 4–6.
loved this recipe, just doubled the porcini thou. shared it with so many…