chicken wonton soup
- 350g chicken mince
- ¼ cup (80g) Asian chilli jam
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 2 litres good quality chicken stock
- 8 slices fresh ginger
- 4 baby bok choy, halved
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 red birdseye chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, extra, shredded
- Place chicken, chilli jam, garlic, ginger and onion in a bowl and mix to combine. Place 2 teaspoonfuls of the mixture on a wonton wrapper. Brush the edges with water. Fold in half to create a rectangle. Bring the corners together and press to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place stock and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add bok choy and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from soup and set aside. Add wontons to soup in two batches, cooking for 6 minutes or until cooked through.
- To serve, divide bok choy between bowls, top with wontons and ladle over soup. Serve with coriander, chilli and onion. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.