chilli chicken bao buns
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g chicken mince
- ⅓ cup (120g) Asian chilli jam
- 1 cup (100g) shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- ¼ cup (75g) Japanese-style mayonnaise
- 10 small steamed Chinese bao buns+, cooked
- 1 green onion (scallion), thinly sliced
- micro (baby) mint leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and chilli jam and cook for 10 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Place the cabbage and mayonnaise in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Fill the buns with the cabbage mixture, chicken, onion and mint to serve. Makes 10
+ Plain Chinese bao buns are available from supermarkets and the freezer section of Asian grocery stores.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.