chilli chicken skewers
with noodle and avocado salad
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, quartered
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup (90g) Asian chilli jam+
- 100g brown or regular rice noodles
- 2 zucchini (courgette), finely shredded
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, finely shredded
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 avocados, chopped
- ¼ cup (35g) roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced dressing
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Place the chicken, oil and salt in a large bowl and toss to combine. Thread the chicken onto 8 metal skewers and cook for 5–6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Brush each skewer with the chilli jam and cook for a further minute on each side. Set aside.
- While the skewers are cooking, place the noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 2 minutes to soften. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- To make the dressing, place the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the noodles, zucchini, cucumber, coriander, avocado, peanut and dressing in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide the salad and skewers between plates and top with the chilli and extra coriander to serve. Serves 4
+ Chilli jam is available from the Asian food aisle of supermarkets.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.