chipotle tofu burger
- ¼ cup (60g) chopped chipotle chillies in adobo sauce+
- ⅓ cup (80ml) tomato passata (purée)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 600g firm tofu, drained and cut into 12 slices
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 burger buns, halved
- mashed avocado, butter lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, thinly sliced red onion, store-bought pickled jalapeños, coriander (cilantro) and crunchy potatoes, to serve
- Place the chipotle chillies, passata, paprika, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a large shallow dish. Add the tofu and turn to coat. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven grill (broiler) to high.
- Place the tofu on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and spoon the remaining marinade over. Drizzle with oil and grill for 12 minutes or until golden.
- To assemble, top the burger buns with some avocado, lettuce, tomato, the chipotle tofu, red onion, jalapeños and coriander. Serve with crunchy potatoes. Serves 4
+ Chipotle chilli in adobo sauce is available at most supermarkets or at specialty stores.
Replace the tofu with trimmed chicken breast fillets, if you like.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.