classic open steak sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 100g beef minute (sirloin) steaks
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ⅔ cup (200g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 panini rolls, halved and toasted
- ⅓ cup (90g) store-bought beetroot relish
- 2 tablespoons hot English mustard
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and cook, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise onto each roll half and top with the steak, beetroot relish and mustard. Sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4
Super tasty sandwich and really easy to do in less than 10 minutes. Note: as someone who doesn’t eat hot English mustard very often, I often forget just how intense it is. Please take this as a warning - spread the mustard sparingly.