coconut laksa with coriander fish balls
- 500g skinless firm white fish fillets, trimmed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 1 eggwhite
- 1 tablespoon laksa paste, plus ½ cup (70g) extra
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 2 x 400g cans coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 250g rice noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, shredded green onion (scallion), basil leaves and crispy fried shallots (eschalots), to serve
- Place the fish, coriander, eggwhite and the tablespoon of laksa paste in a food processor and pulse until just combined. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and set aside.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the extra ½ cup (70g) laksa paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the fish balls and cook for 4 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Remove from heat, add the lime juice and stir to combine. Divide the noodles between bowls. Ladle over the soup and balls, and top with shiso, onion, basil and fried shallot to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.