coriander and chilli crab cakes
- 400g cooked picked crab meat
- 3 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (75g) Japanese mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped, plus extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (cilantro) stalks and roots
- 2 cups coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 3 cups (210g) panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- sea salt flakes, to serve
- Place the crab, onion, mayonnaise, chilli, fish sauce, coriander stalks, roots and leaves, and 1 cup of the breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Shape 2 tablespoons of the mixture into balls and flatten slightly. Place the remaining breadcrumbs on a tray. Dip the crab cakes in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs to coat. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the crab cakes, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden brown, adding more oil when necessary.
- Top with the shiso, sea salt flakes and extra chilli, and serve with the extra mayonnaise. Makes 14
There are no comments for this entry yet.