creamy chicken and tomato chilli
- 400g penne
- 200g kale, stems removed and leaves torn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (80g) grated parmesan
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 150g mozzarella, sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Add the kale and stir until wilted. Drain and set aside, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of the cooking liquid.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large heavy-based ovenproof frying pan. Add the chicken, garlic, chilli, salt and pepper, and cook for 4–5 minutes or until the chicken is golden. Add the pasta, kale, reserved cooking liquid, cream and parmesan, and bring to the boil. Top with the tomatoes and mozzarella, and cook in the oven for 8–10 minutes or until golden brown. Top with the basil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.