creamy lemon chicken pot pie
- store-bought puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves
- ½ cup (80g) brown rice flour
- 5 chicken thigh fillets (about 600g), trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1¼ cups (310ml) good-quality chicken stock
- 3½ cups (140g) firmly packed finely shredded cavolo nero (Tuscan kale) leaves
- ½ cup (125g) crème fraîche
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Cut the pastry into a circle to fit the top of an 18cm (7 inch) deep 8-cup-capacity (2 litre) ovenproof saucepan. Set pastry aside in the fridge to keep chilled.
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, leeks and lemon thyme and cook for 4 minutes or until the leek is soft and golden.
- Place the flour and chicken in a bowl and toss to coat. Shake off the excess flour. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Add the lemon rind and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add the cavolo nero and cook, stirring for 5–7 minutes or until the greens are wilted and the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat, add the crème fraîche, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place the pastry over the pan to enclose it and brush with the egg. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.