creamy potato and sauerkraut soup
with hot smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 600g sebago (starchy) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 cup (180g) store-bought sauerkraut, plus extra to serve
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (240g) crème fraîche
- 370g hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- finely chopped dill, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the potato, stock, sauerkraut and pepper and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until the potato has softened. Remove from the heat and, using a hand-held stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pan over medium heat and stir in half the crème fraîche. Divide the soup between serving bowls and top with the remaining crème fraîche, extra sauerkraut, the hot smoked salmon, dill and pepper to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.