creamy tomato, burrata and eggplant pasta
- 400g rigatoni
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium eggplant (aubergine), roughly chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 100g burrata+, torn
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan placed over high heat. Add the eggplant, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 4 minutes or until soft. Add the tomato, reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes or until the eggplant is tender. Add half the burrata and stir until creamy and melted.
- Add the pasta and reserved cooking liquid to the pan and toss to combine. Divide between plates and top with remaining burrata to serve. Serves 4
+ Burrata is a fresh mozzarella made with cream. Find it at specialty food stores, cheese shops and some greengrocers.
Fresh herbs add some green to this dish – we’ve used micro (baby) basil.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.