crispy cauliflower pasta
- 700g cauliflower, trimmed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup (80g) pine nuts
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g orecchiette
- grated parmesan or pecorino, to serve
- Place the cauliflower and pine nuts in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, garlic, cauliflower mixture, oregano, lemon rind, chilli, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden. While the cauliflower is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Toss the pasta with the cauliflower mixture and sprinkle with the cheese to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.