crispy salami, crushed pea and ricotta pasta
- 400g penne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g salami, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (280g) frozen baby peas, blanched
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (120g) fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the salami, pine nuts and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until crispy. Set aside.
- Place the peas, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a bowl and crush with a fork. Add the ricotta and mix to combine. Add the pea mixture and lemon juice to the pasta, mix to combine and divide among bowls.
- Top with the salami mixture and parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
So quick and easy and very delicious.